This post is part of my month-long project. Check out my first week update here, my second week here, and my third week here! The project I am building is a digital brain for a quilt shop called The Quilted Windmill. I am creating a digital space where they can store information, procedures, and systems. My goal for this project is to:
- Help the owner to manage her business and customers
- Help current and new employees get information and maintain consistency
This month I am going to be:
- Gathering and organizing information
- Creating an easy to manage system
- Managing a large project
- Building a system that can be added to overtime
- Documenting my work
What Have I Done This Week?
My outline for the SOP consists of a:
- Project intro
- How to this digital brain is a solution to the company’s problems
- How to use the system and all its pages
- General Notion functions
I also created a landing page for this month-long project. It consists of every weekly update and an in-depth overview of my project. Click the link at the bottom of this page if you’d like to see that.
What Did I Do Well?
- I organized each task clearly. I laid out outlines of tasks and what I needed to write. This helped me to avoid writer’s block.
- I was detailed with my SOP and covered everything an employee would need to know to run the system.
- I did well on staying motivated. I pushed to make creativity strike and be able to write with energy.
What Could Be Improved?
One of my main goals in the project was to be ahead of schedule. I wanted to finish this project with a clear understanding of what worked for me and what didn’t. I accomplished this. I never truly felt ahead but I learned what doesn’t work. For example, I tend to bog myself down and not take breaks. I’ve worked to implement breaks into my everyday and it’s greatly improved my workflow. I hope to implement what I have learned throughout the course of this project in the future.
Would you like to see my project overview and closing thoughts?
Check out my landing page here!